|Accommodation Terms and Conditions|
To confirm your booking, we ask for one night's fee by way of deposit at the time of booking, with the balance being payable at least 30 days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel or curtail your booking more than 30 days before your due date of arrival at Freycinet Eco Retreat, we reserve the right to retain the deposit. If you cancel or curtail your arrangements within 30 days of arrival we reserve the right to retain the full booking fee. Either way we will do our best to rebook, and if successful would normally return the booking fee, less an admin fee of $50.
We cannot be held responsible for damages or compensation for cancellation or curtailment in circumstances which amount to a force majeure.
Terms and Conditions
Here are a few conditions and do's and don'ts that apply during your stay at Freycinet Eco Retreat (FER):
1. As you cannot do justice to the Freycinet area in 24 hours, and as we rely on rain water catchment, we have a minimum stay policy of two nights, which enables us to balance our water consumption with supply (laundry etc).The water supply at FER is rainwater caught off the roofs of the buildings. The supply is limited, so we would appreciate it if guests are “water conscious” during their stay
2. In order to preserve the peaceful atmosphere at Freycinet Eco Retreat, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any guests, and / or their visitors who do not respect this ethos.
3. There is a speed limit of 30kmph around Freycinet Eco Retreat, and guests are advised to beware of oncoming vehicles in the centre of the narrow gravel roads, and care is needed in the case of slippery conditions in wet weather. Guests are requested not to drive around the property to view other facilities as this is disturbing to others.
4. Please note that much of the property is rough bush and rocky terrain, and whilst you are welcome to walk around, guests are advised to keep to the walking tracks and exercise care on any steep, slippery or uneven surfaces. A downloadable printable map of the property is available on our website.
5. In order to maintain the wild quality of FER and natural respect that animals have for humans, we would request that guests do not feed the wildlife. Pets are not allowed on the premises.
6. Freycinet Eco Retreat is just that - a retreat, and we would request that guests keep noise to a minimum, and do not explore the property by vehicle, so as not to impact on the ability of other guests to enjoy the peaceful privacy of FER. If you plan on getting together with friends in the area who are not staying at FER can you please liaise with us in advance and note that we reserve to refuse entry if we consider the numbers to be unreasonable.
7. We would request that you please do not use any massage or baby oil on the beds, or any bleaching agents on the towels as if this occurs we have to replace the damaged items. If any items are lost, damaged or broken during your visit we should be grateful if you could let us know so that we can arrange a repair or replacement. We also reserve the right to recharge visitors for any damage that occurs that we consider to be over and above normal wear and tear.
8. Please be aware that check-out time is normally by 10am on the day of departure and that a housekeeper may arrive at any time after that to commence cleaning.
9. The Eco-Lodges are not suitable for infants or children. If you bring any children or infants, then we reserve the right to immediately cancel with no refund being payable. Saltwater Shack has a king bed and the option of a cot.
10. The accommodation at FER is set-up for a limited number of people in each unit. If you bring people along in addition to those booked, then we reserve the right to immediately cancel with no refund being payable.
11. When you leave can you please turn off all heaters and lights so that we can keep our carbon footprint to a minimum.